More About Robert
Mr. Kearney is the primary individual responsible for developing relationships with other home mortgage lenders, investors, and brokers who provide the bulk of referrals for the fund’s private loans. Asset-based finance, or hard money loans, are uniquely appropriate for Fix and Flip investors and other real estate investors in major markets, where bank lending is not as easy as it used to be.
His broad financial experience over the past 30 plus years, including 26 years in Colorado, has included many facets of real estate and secured private finance. They include management and disposition of “OREO” (other real estate owned) for:
- a large regional bank
- construction lending to commercial and residential projects
- revenue bond financings supported by rated bank letters of credit
- market analysis for national retail concepts
- site selection analysis, construction management consulting
- residential and commercial rehabilitation
- residential development and construction
- land-use changes and rezoning work
- originations of residential and commercial real estate lending to institutional investors
- private money lending originations to residential and commercial borrowers
- management of foreclosure actions on various types of loans.
Mr. Kearney also serves on the planning and zoning commission for the town of Berthoud, Colorado. The board has annexed thousands of acres and established a plan for the development of that land over the next thirty to seventy-five years.
After growing up in a small Midwestern town, he earned a BA, Cum Laude, in Economics from Carleton College in Northfield, Minnesota, and an MBA from Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He has lived and worked in Colorado since 1984.